This Fall, the housing market in Charlotte is still extremely tight. Prices are rising as more buyers move into the market and fewer sellers are listing their houses. Homebuyers have fewer options available than in past years and the list prices in the Charlotte market are up 16% this year. Now is a great time to sell your home if you want to take advantage of the higher prices available in this tight market.
Sellers who list their homes now can command a higher price tag for their home than last year because there is less inventory available. 30 Year Mortgage Interest rates are at historic lows and they continue to fall nearly every week. Savvy first-time buyers realize they can now purchase a home at a monthly cost similar to the rent prices they already pay. There is a high demand for the limited inventory of houses available in Charlotte. Buyers paid about 10.6% more this year than last year as of August.
The premium is even higher if the house is well-maintained and updated. Buyers are willing to make necessary compromises that they did not make last year. However, they would prefer the convenience of an updated house. Buyers right now pay more for an updated house, especially if they are working from home. Today’s buyers know it can be difficult to work in a construction zone.
If you’re thinking about selling your house this year, you can take small steps to maximize your investment and command a higher price for your house.
- Power wash the front of your house to freshen it up and make a great first impression.
- Paint the walls a neutral color. A light greige, gray, or beige throughout the main living areas of your house will make the room transitions seamless and the house appears larger. A fresh coat of paint on the baseboards and ceiling will make the house look clean and fresh.
- Declutter and depersonalize. Pack away your personal photos and extra items that you won’t need between now and the time you plan to move. In this tight market, homes take only about 30 days to sell and buyers want to close as quickly as possible.
- Clean top to bottom. If you’re doing it yourself, take the time to scrub every surface in your house. Clean out your refrigerator, dishwasher, and washing machine to make sure there are no odors in your house. If you’re busy with the packing and decluttering, hire a professional for deep cleaning.
- Take advantage of our professional staging services, included with every listing. We’ll highlight the best features of your house and show it off to potential buyers.
Enjoy the Adventure!